Wednesday 25 July 2012

Chapter 1.17 To Guide, Never To Change

After we had dropped off the twins and me repeatedly telling them not to go anywhere and that I’d be back soon, I was glad they were going to start school next week. Braden lead me to a part of the base I had never been before, it looked completely empty. Even the walls were bare I had tried asking Braden where we were going but he hadn’t answered.

Although to be completely honest, I sort of knew he wasn’t going to answer.
 “Okay this is it,” he declared standing in front of one of the many doors we had passed.

 “I really hope this still works,” he muttered more to himself as he put in a key. He smiled to himself when the door opened. 
I followed him in; confused the room was bare except for a cheap chair and a bookshelf. Braden when straight to the bookshelf, shifting through the various titles.

Finally he found what he was looking for; he pulled out a brown book and handed it over to me.
 “What am I looking at?” I asked him staring at the book in my hand, it had no title and it seemed well really old.
 “Angel, you ever get that feeling that your whole life was decided for you. I do, still do although my reasons are a lot clearer than yours would be. What I’m saying is you’re going to read that and then well the rest is up to you,” with that he sat down on the floor burying his face in his hands. I didn’t understand what he was talking about but I decided to trust him. I sank down on the chair, and opened the book.


  The Origins of Project Air Though it is firmly believed by those who have studied Project Air that it is from this world. I’m sure from my study of the radiation that it emits, that it is not of this world. In my personal study, I have determined that because of how strong it is, it comes from a place where they have learnt to effectively control and use the radiation. Not to be immortal though, but to gain other powers from it. In explanation a thing this powerful that can kill people this suddenly, must have more power than simply killing someone or allowing them to live on until someone kills them. I believe that if people were exposed to Project Air in smaller doses that it would lay dormant in their mind. The people who have died due to exposure, not only did their blood change suddenly but an unknown substance was found in the brain. In my thoughts I think that this was the cause of their death, if on the other hand they were exposed to only a small bit of Project Air it would not kill them. It would also not have the power to do anything else either. Though it is possible that it would make them immune to Project Air and later on they would be able to be exposed to the full thing. Not only do think I this is possible, but I think that it has happened before. 
From studies around the world, I have found several objects that had the same or very similar radiation to that of Project Air. To the others who studied Project Air this has served to prove that it is of this world. In my opinion this only tells me that wherever Project Air comes from it and the people who know it have been here for a very long time. These opinions have not come though without thought, but already hundreds of died while we have tried to chase this futile dream of leaving forever. How then have others in history been able to take pieces of Project Air and insert them into objects such as necklaces and other sorts of unimportant objects.

 The rest of the book went to go on about the objects and the reading of the radiation compared to Project Air. I was more interested in the fact that whoever wrote it was right about it not having an effect in smaller doses.
 “Why did you get me to read this?” I asked him.
 “I wanted you to know about Project Air, before we moved on from here,” he told me, taking the book from me and putting it back on the shelf.
 “The person who wrote this knew about the smaller doses. So Nicholas ad Victoria knew it probably wouldn’t have an effect on me,” I said.

 “The man who wrote this was before their time, he studied it when Project Air was somewhere else. He was removed from Project Air and then he came to work here. This was his old office, Nicholas and Victoria won’t even know about this. Though in my opinion he was the only one who knew what he was talking about,” Braden said.
 “So you believe it’s not of this world?” I asked nervously.
 “I’m not sure but I do believe that people have been able to manipulate it, what Nicholas did was just goes to prove that,” Braden told me.

 “So Nicholas is back?” I asked him.
 “Are you sure you want to know that? Once I tell you the answer to that, you’re going to get the answer to everything,” Braden said.
 “If I decide I don’t want to know, what will you do?” I asked, already I already knew what I was going to do in my mind.
 “I’ll work here for a few months then leave again,” he said shrugging.
 “So I have to do something but you don’t,” I said a little annoyed.
 “Angel, my job will always be to guide, never to change,” he told me.

 I didn’t understand what he was saying and I don’t think I ever would. Yet I knew this was important, otherwise he wouldn’t have come all this way.
 “I want to know….everything,” I said, slowly. “I know you do, so follow me again. Just remember you chose this not me, I can guide you but never force you. The choices you and those around you make have nothing to do with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment