Tuesday 17 July 2012

Chapter 1.14 Make It Big Enough For Two


"Angel, I need to talk to you," Alexander called through the bathroom door.
 "I'm so annoyed, why should Mayflower be allowed to come to work sick. Just because she’s one of the five "families", it’s not fair," I complained to him. I had a stomach bug, all because Mayflower came to work with it. I hated being sick.

 "Angel, can you come out?" Alexander called.
 "Arghh Victoria is so not happy I mean why should she be so irresponsible. I know she’s my friend but I'm starting to regret this friendship," I went on to him.
 "Angel, come out," he yelled now. I was surprised;
I pulled the door open grumpily and said, "What?"

 "I have news, Angelica told me, or should I say Nicholas called Victoria, Victoria called Angelica, Angelica called you but got me instead. Anyway he noticed on your blood test well you’re pregnant. So you’re not sick at all. We're having a baby," he said excitedly.
 My stomach dropped, this wasn't good, not at all. How was I going to be able to raise a baby? My parents had never been there for me, what if I was like that with my baby? What if I died like my mother? I couldn't raise a child. I shook my head and ran back into the bathroom and sank down on the floor.

I wanted my child to be happy, but how could it be happy if it was going to have me as its mother?
 "Angel," Alexander called quietly through the door.
 "I just felt sick again, I'll be out in a second," I told him, it’s not like I could let him know I didn't want to be a parent. Plus it didn't matter, it was too late now.

 "Oh my goodness, this is great. Our two little babies. They'll be like us best friends," Olivia said when I told her on the weekend.

 I was coming round to the idea. I knew it was going to happen eventually, that’s why Alexander had taken the Darvill name so we could carry it on, but just not now.
 "Okay, but what if I'm not good at it," I started then stopped myself, Livvy was happy and I just needed to stop worrying.

"You'll be fine, is this because of your mom. Honestly Angel I think you will be great. You can learn from the fact your mother died. You imagined what she was going to be like right?" Olivia asked me.
 "Yeah, all the time," I said wondering where this was going.
 "So be everything you thought your mother was going to be," she told me.

 "Your right thanks," I said.

 Victoria told me she wanted me to work right up until a month before the baby was due. Alexander was angry, but I said it was fine. After all everyone knew Victoria had been working went she went into labour. Although I must say, if somebody did try to do something with Project Air I didn't really think a pregnant person could stop them. Though to be perfectly honest, I don't think that was the reason I was there. I knew from Angelica that both Victoria and Nicholas were annoyed that my exposure wasn't having any effect. Me, I loved the fact I was no help to them.

 Alexander had called in some help, for building a second story because he didn't want to put the baby in the spare room, which I was quite happy about. It was one of those days that I went into my scan alone, Angelica had insisted on being my doctor and I agreed happily. It was then that she gave me news, which nearly made me cry with fright.
 "How’s the building going?" I asked him staring at the staircase that seemed so out of place.

 "Great, should be done by the time your due," he said giving me a smile, as I came to cuddle up next to him.                                                                                                                                                                              

"Well, as long as your make it big enough for two," I told him. 
"Why," he said giving me a confused look then it changed into a huge smile, "we're having twins," he announced to me like I didn't know.

 "Yep," I said giving him a kiss.
 Trying to ignore the voice in my head telling me I was ruining two babies’ lives, I was going to be fine I hoped.

 "Daniel's sleeping. That’s going to be you except with two soon," Livvy told me as I came in. She had just had her baby.

 "How does it feel to be a mother?" I asked sitting down.
 "Gosh I never knew I could love something this much until I saw Daniel. I feel so blessed, well maybe I feel like this when she’s sleeping," she joked.
 "I'm so happy for you. I must say I really just want the twins out of me. I'm sick of carrying around two little humans. They sleep when people are around, and are up kicking me all night," I complained, but I did love the feeling of knowing I had grown two tiny babies.
 "Well just don't expect to get a good night’s sleep when their born," she warned.
 "Trust me, I'm not," I said.

 The last month of my pregnancy I spent lazing around home.

It was one of those days that I started having pains. I didn't want to call anyone though just in case it was a false alarm.

I started timing the contractions just to know how it was going.

People had told me that your first pregnancy took a long time, Nadia Graham told me her first with Nicholas and Alexander had been 8 hours, so I figured I had a while to go. It was during one of these contractions that Alexander came home. He must have been really worried when he walked into the house and I was screaming.
 "Angel, we have to get to the hospital. Come on I've get the bag. Just get in the car," he said sounding really calm. I waddled my pregnant self to the car after the contraction was over.

Alexander was there a second later with everything. He told me he had called Angelica and she was going to make her way there, it really shocked me how much of a handle he had on the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment