Thursday 12 July 2012

Chapter 1.12 Everything Works Out For the Best

"So if I asked you a question would you promise to tell me the whole truth, no matter how bad it is?," I asked Alexander as we drove to Olivias place. I had just picked him from the airport and now I was going to Livvys place for wedding prepartions. Not that I hadn't already been there earlier on.
 "Yes, except if its about Nicholas. That I don't want to talk about," he said. "Its not, whats Room 232?," I asked and was surprised at Alexanders reaction.
He flinched and started shifting in his seat. "I don't know what it is now, but I know what it used to be. It was the place they took the dying people, the ones that had been exposed. They had to build a place for them because there screams used to be unbearable, its soundproofed," Alexander replied, shifting uncomfortably on his seat.
 "Oh, I guess I can see how you stepped down," I said quietly staring out the window, it was hard to believe that people would just sit by and let that happen.

"Angel, I have to ask you favour and I'm doing it because...I love you," he said, sounding really nervous.
 "I love you too," I said surprising myself, I guess I had for a while but never really realized it, but I was so happy that he had said it.
 He grinned at me like a little kid, then he frowned again and said, "Promise me, you'll stop looking into Project Air. Just leave it, stop trying to work things out. I don't care what people say its dangerous and you don't want to get involved with the Nicholas's of the world and trust me there are alot of them."
 I thought about it for a while then nodded slowly, "Okay I promise."
 "Good, anyway its Olivias wedding, so lets just not worry," he said and I smiled. I must admit I was really happy that Alexander got on so well with Livvy and Issac, since he was always encouraging me to see them. "No lets not worry," I said smiling back.

 Olivia was well a glowing bride, although that might be a bit because she was pregnant but still. She looked amazing and happy, and when I saw her walk down the aisle with Santoz all my doubts about this wedding went away. You could tell by the way her and Issac looked at each other that they were crazy about each other, I wondered why I had never noticed before. Then they were married and I knew without a doubt that Livvy and Issac although would have their moments they were going to be just fine.

                 






"I'm really happy my girls have both found such great guys," Aunt Jade told me at their reception.                                                                                                                                                                                     "Thanks, but did you ever really doubt us?," I asked joking.                                                                                         "No, not once," she said giving me a hug, and walking off to talk to Livvy.                                                      "Can I have this dance?," Alexander asked me, holding at his hand.                                                                  "Of course," I laughed.                                                                                                                                                               "So will you come to our spot tomorrow night at hmm say around 7?," Alexander asked with just a little nervous twinge to his voice, as we dance.

                                                                                                             
"I think I can manage that, if your lucky," I teased smiling at him.

I made my way to our spot the next night, shriving in my jumper.

I was really hoping Alexander had brought a blanket or something. I gasped when I saw the set up he had ready.    
"Whats all this for?," I asked shocked.
                                                                                                                                
"Do I really need a reason?," he asked, faking offence.                                                                                              "I suppose not, its lovely," I said taking his hands.                                                                                                         We had our dinner and soon my coldness seemed to vanish.
                                                                                                        

"Angel I need to ask you something," Alexander said getting down on one knee.
                                                   
I stepped back suprised, was this really happening?                                                                                                                  "I never thought I'd meet someone like you, then I never thought I'd be able to have you as my own. Now that I have you, I never want to let you go will you Angel Elizabeth Darvill allow me to have the happiness of calling you my wife, for now and forever?."
                                                            

I was shocked, how could things this good actually be happening to me?                                                                            "Yes, a million times yes," I squealed, hey I was allowed to be like a child.

He put the ring on my finger and I don't think I'll ever feel this happy ever again.

I hugged him holding on tight, maybe things were really going to get better now. Everything works out for the best.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment