Tuesday 26 June 2012

Chapter 1.9 The Start of Something

I stared at myself in the mirror deciding whether or not I liked the dress.

It would take a little getting use to, but I guess it suited. Ariel had come over earlier in the afternoon and I had actually really enjoyed getting ready for the dance with her. Plus I was going with someone and that someone was the only one I had imagined going with.
"Its fine," Ariel groaned as I came out again.

"I know, I'm just you know getting used to it," I said defensively.
 "Well, remind me never to go shopping with you. You might spend the whole day just getting used to one dress," she joked. I rolled my eyes at her, waving as she left. She had helped set up the dance so she had to be there early. I sank down into my computer chair and opened my email, Olivia had help me ask around a few towns yesterday to see if they had heard anything about my father. I realized that if he had died, I wanted to know.

An email from Riverview city hall caught my eye.

He was dead, I knew I shouldn't of checked before the dance. Apparently he was given a funeral by a Braden Smith, who claimed family connections, I wondered if he was a descandant of mother's friend Jayden Smith. Tears breached my eyes and I wiped them away, I couldn't really understand I mean didn't I already know. Stupid and I banished the thought from my mind. I wandered around not doing anything really, until I heard Alexander arrive. Weirdly, I didn't feel that nervous. I opened the door and smiled at him, locking the door behind me.

"How many people have a key to my house?," I asked as I came up to him, remembering I had wondered about that before.
                                                                                                                                                             "You and me, I mean I have a key to every house, it just comes with the job," he said slightly embrassed.
"Sorry, weird question," I muttered embrassed as well, blaming myself for asking such a stupid question.
"Its fine, should we go. We have to arrive semi earlier, curse of being a Graham you could say," he replied, walking to his car. We made our way to the cafeteria in the base, and I may have let a sound escape when we opened the door it looked completly well, transformed.
"I'm awesome right?," Ariel said, showing up beside us.
"Because it was all you. I'll make sure to tell all the people who "helped" that," Alexander teased, smiling at Ariel.
"Whatever," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Its amazing," I told her, honestly.

"I know, anyway got to go. Who knew how much people drink," she laughed, running off.
 "You'd think they would learn after all these years," Alexander said.
"I'm not really sure we ever learn from our mistakes," I replied.

 "You may have a point, do you want something?," he asked.
 "Well I was going to say no but just to annoy Ariel sure," I joked. The night passed quickly and I found that I was really enjoying myself, even the dancing which for me was well weird. Though I didn't complain when Alexander asked to take me somewhere.


"Are we nearly there?," I asked as I saw yet another hill, we had made our way from the base over the hills beyond it.
"You sound like a five-year old," he called back.
"I'm taking that as an insult, just so you know," I replied.
"Here," he said, as he reached the top of the hill. The sight took my breath away, something so beautiful, hidden so clearly.

"What it is?," I asked guessing it had to have come from a time before the military.
"A man brought this land to build a house for him and his wife, but she loved nature, so instead he built a tiny hut and made the rest a tropical paradise. Anyway, the military ended up buying it with the rest of the land from his children," he said.
"So kind of like the hanging gardens of Babylon, the king built them because his wife missed her home," I muttered. He nodded then headed down and I followed slowly, slipping on the last bit, Alexander steadied me.

I wasn't really sure how the hours passed while we were there, we were only really watching the stars and talking.

Yet, before we knew it, the sun was nearly up. I laughed as we ran back to the base.
"I really enjoyed tonight, last night," Alexander said as we stood outside my place.
"Me too," I said, my eyes shining.
"We really have to do it again," he said, leaning in and before I knew it we were kissing and everything just felt so right, this was defintely the start of something.
                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment