Wednesday 20 June 2012

Chapter 1.8 An Explantion and A Question

"So I'm putting down blue for your colour, your more of a dark blue kind of girl aren't you?," Ariel asked me.                                                                                                                             
"Yes I guess. I don't think we should go to all this trouble, I mean I don't even want to go," I muttered refusing to look Ariel in the eye.                                                                                                   
"I swear Angel, I'm this close to slapping you. The annual military dance is a tradition, its your rite of passage," she said, glaring at me, which is as far as Ariel could get to nasty.                                          

"I know, but dances have never been my thing, plus I don't have anyone to go with," I said. I didn't even know how I got into this, everything had been fine until Ariel mentioned military dance.

Ever since I had been made a recruit, two and half months ago people had accepted me and been really nice. Although I was still avoiding Alexander, after I found out he had lied to me. I had been all set to quit, but.... I felt accepted. All I had to go back to was Olivia, and even though we were close friends, we just weren't the same. There was an unseen strain on our friendship. I knew I should give Issac the chance to show me hes changed, but I wasn't interested. Now this a military dance I was going to humilitate myself at, since everyone and I mean everyone had partners. Yet Ariel had basically forced a promise out of me that I'd go. A promise I'd began to regret, she was making me get my dress made by hand, by their famous dressmaker. She was making me do everything I wasn't comfortable with.

"Look Angel, I know you've never had a boyfriend and you seem to have a distorted view of relationship type events, but nobodys going to judge you for going alone. I mean I would go alone to but I'm a Graham I have to keep up apperances, plus this is me and John's first dance that we have gone to together," she said, her eyes lighting up.                                                                                 

"Yes I know, and I'm really happy for you and Mr Chambers plus hes my boss so you have to go with him. Its just I thought I ditched this sort of events after I left high school," I replied, deciding not to reply to her thoughts on "relationship type events" and me.                                                        
"Please, you have to come and somebody still might ask you. If they do you have to say yes. Anyways I've got to go, dress orders to put through okay", she said standing up.         
"Bye Ariel," I say hugging her.                                                                                                                                                  
She skipped out the door and I rolled my eyes at her excitement.

Ariel had been a really good friend to and she was one of the main reason, I hadn't marched up to Alexander and quit. Every week I still got blood samples taken and apparently nothing was happening or changing I was just the same. It made me kind of happy, to me it was a way of getting back at Alexander if I had to be his stupid test subject, at least I was being a useless one.

A knock at the door suprised me and I opened expecting to see Ariel, and instead I saw a face I never wanted to see again, Issac Tate.                                                                              

"What do you want?," I asked, my voice sounding like ice, moving outside to talk to him.     
"Look I know you don't want to see me, but I had to apoligise. I was wrong, young and really stupid okay. Sometimes people do stupid things, I just wanted to make someone pay," he said quietly, desperately.                                                                                                                                                                   

"Pay for what?," I said, refusing to trust him.                                                                             
"I had a....bad upbringing. I acted like everything was fine but I wanted someone to feel like I felt everyday. I wanted someone to feel like they were nothing, cause then it would make it okay what I felt. I know you will never forgive me and they were the dumbest reasons, but I wasn't thinking. I just want you to accept me enough for Olivia's sake," he pleaded with me.                                  
I didn't want to trust him or accept him, but he had come all this way for my best friend and he sounded genuine, so I said, "I'll tolerate you, but only for Olivia for no other reason."                     

"Thank you, you won't regret it," he replied his eyes lighting up.                                                                               
"You can go now," I said, just the hint of a smile on my face.                                                     
"Right, bye Angel," he said waving as he left. Part of me wished I hadn't done it but maybe I held the grudge to long, we both needed to move on, for Olivia.

"Angel, just wait I need to talk to you. Its really important," Alexander called. I cursed myself, I had been doing so well at avoiding him and then he had seen me.                           


I spun around to face him, "What, I'm busy you know," I said struggling to not growl at him.                        
"I know, but I need to tell you something, something I should have told you a long time ago. Its...you have to understand Victoria's family. Do you think we can talk I mean in my office?," he asked, looking really agitated.                                                                                                                  
I crumbled, "Fine."                                                                                             
We made our way to his office and I wondered if he was finally going to tell me the truth to everything and if he did would I forgive him.                                                                                
He shut the door and then said, "Victorias pregnant."                                                                                                          
"Excuse me," I replied, stunned I hadn't expected that.                                                            
"She thinks if she helps Nicholas, he'll come back for her and the baby. So she did something bad. She made you a test subject here so Nicholas would be able to use our resources or at least Victoria would for him. The worse bit is she signed my name off on it to, I'm sorrry Angel I should of told you but I fooled myself into thinking you wouldn't mind," he said looking down ashamed.                 
 I breathed, happy he hadn't wanted me to be a test subject, "I know," I said, smiling.                                     
"How?," he asked shocked.                                                                                 
"Someone put this in my house," I replied handing him the piece of paper.                              
"Your joking thats how I found out to," he said putting out an identical piece of paper. "It was in my room," he contiuned.

"Who knew and could do that?," I asked, really suprised. "Angel, some things I can't tell you. Some things are a thousand times more classified than Project Air. You just have to trust me enough to sort this out," he said urgently stuffing the paper into his pocket.                                                    
"I don't understand," I said frowning.                                                                          
"You don't have to thats my job," he said hugging me. I almost had a heart attack when he hugged me, this closeness to him felt perfect.                                                                                                                    



"Will you attend the dance with me?," he asked slowly.                                                                                              
 "Yes," I said excitied. I wasn't even worried about the more classified things, Alexander wanted to go to the dance with me of all people it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment