Monday 18 June 2012

Chapter 1.7 A Family Affair

I waited nervously the next day for Ariel, I hadn't even known what to wear, but decided to go for something more formal.

Ariel parked up by the house, her music blazing and I slipped into the seat beside her.
"Oh you look so good, I wish I had your figure," she squealed, looking me over.
"Well, I wish I had yours," I smiled.
"Yeah, well what can I say," she joked. I let out a laugh.
Ariel talked all the way there and I found that I really enjoyed her company I mean you can't help but be happy when your with someone who seems to walk on sunshine.

 We arrived at the Grahams house and I was surpised at how simliar it looked to my new house.
  Ariel must have noticed because she said, "Most houses in the village look the same, not that its exactly a village but its the common name. Cause when they were built, they were like I don't know the standard issue build. Anyway everyone kind of makes them their own, after generations their really not the same. Oh and ours has an awesome watchtower out the back."

"Ariel, I think she gets the overall picture, " said a man I had never seen before.

"Okay Daddy, by the way this is Angel Darvill and this is Taylor Graham," she said, in voice dripping with respect.
"Its a honour sir," I said.
"Taylors fine, come on in. I've never heard so much about a recruit before meeting them so really the honour is all mine," he said, walking inside.

I walked inside and was given an hug by Nadia, who told me she was so glad to meet me properly and then the Chambers.

Nathenial and Aziza were a lot more reserved than the Grahams but kind none the less.


John reminded me of any other young man, nothing remarkable about him that I could notice.
                                                                                                             
"So we're waiting on dinner do you want to see the old watchtower," Alexander, a nervous twinge to his voice.
 "Yeah that should be good," I replied.
 I followed Alexander outside, "They won't mind we're leaving will they?," I asked looking nervously over my shoulder.

Alexander shook his saying, "They enjoy each other company to much, they're all the best of friends."
"So like family," I said, just feeling a twinge of jealously, he grew up surronded by people who would call him their family and I hadn't.
"Yes, this is very much a family affair. Sometimes I wonder if this whole tradition is so they can get together, no offense intended," he said as we arrived in front of a huge, well tower.

"None taken, so this it, why is it even here?," I asked, wondering why they had a watchtower on their property.
"Well, when the base was built people didn't agree with it and there was some well attacks," he replied, smiling at me.
"Wow, they don't teach that part of Twinbrook's history in school," I muttered, returning the smile.

Nadia called us in because dinner was ready. We sat down and Taylor said we should have a moment of silence as Nicholas wasn't present. It was then I really digested the fact that none of these people knew he was alive, and I suddenly felt really guilty the knowledge was being kept from them, but then again maybe knowing would hurt alot more. I listened to the rest of their conversation and afterwards I went and helped Ariel with the dishes.
"You seem really upset anything wrong?," she said carefully.

"I'm fine honest, just a litle bit tired," I muttered, smiling at her.
 "Yeah you were sick right, that sucks. Alexander was really worried about you, I haven't seen him that worried since his old girlfriend Tania had a fall," she told me.

 "Really , who was she?," I asked, trying not to sound to interested.
"Oh, girl he met at his boarding school, he was totally in love and she broke his heart. Horrible person in my opoion, but then again hes my brother so, don't take it for fact ok, if you ever met her," she said.

"Okay, I'll remember that," I replied.
"So do you like him like as a friend I mean?," she said, slowly.
 "Yeah, I mean hes been really nice to me," I said.
"Thats great," she said, but I could tell she was disappointed with my answer.

Alexander offered to take me home, so I said goodbye to everyone. We didn't really talk on the way back to my house and I was about to get out when he said, "Angel, I know how hard this is, its my family."

"Yeah I know, but I don't know. I get I walked into this whole situation, but I didn't purposely walk into Nicholas, I just randomely found his hideout," I said, still remembering I wasn't completly trusting his explantion.
"I know, I'm sorry you got caught up in this. It isn't...your fault," he said, and again I got the feeling he wasn't telling the whole truth.
 "Its alright, and don't worry I'll keep my mouth shut. After all it might be shut permantely soon," I said, attempting a joke, which in hindsight was never going to be that funny.
 "Don't say that Angel, your going to be fine. Never say that", he told me.
 "It was just a joke," I said defensively.
"I know just don't," he said.
 "Okay, I gotta go, but thanks for the ride. I guess I'll see you around," I said really hoping I would, but considering he wasn't my boss and I wasn't a mess hall server I doubted it, and maybe I'll drop dead soon.
"Bye," he said staring in front of him.

I walked into my house, and saw a small folded note on the table.

I'll admit I was really freaked out since, well actually I didn't know who had keys to my house but still. I picked it up cautionsly, it was a printed out page, lots of bits were blacked out but the bits I could see confirmed that I had been lied to.

Project Air Intivative
Test Subject -----------------Angel Darvill --------------------------------------- Exposure Confirmed g g Blood Tests --- to continue g ------------------------------------Test Authorized by Miss Chambers and Mr Graham A C Chance of DE - 95% Chance of COL - 1% ---------------------4%

Signed ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                                                                                   
It could of been a fake, but it held the Sims in Arms seal, and only a few people apparently knew of my exposure. The more annoying question was who had put it here. Someone who wanted me to know the truth. It hurt though, I trusted Alexander and all I was to him was a test subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment